Unit Lead - Business Development & Advisory Unit
Nederlandse Rode Kruis
||Nederlandse Rode Kruis
||12 jun 2018
||12 sep 2018
Purpose of the position
The Unit Lead manages a team of highly skilled and knowledgeable people in these four areas: Humanitarian Innovation, PME, Technical Support and Institutional Donor Liaison. The Unit Lead coordinates the continuous development, sustainable institutional financing and excellent thematic support of programmes and projects. The Unit Lead ensures that the Unit is continuously adequately resourced and staffed to serve its objectives in accordance with NLRC’s international strategy.
The BD&A Unit is working on:
1. Provision of excellent thematic expertise in Health, WASH, Preparedness, Disaster Risk Reduction, Food Security and Community Resilience for new and ongoing programs and projects;
2. Growth of our institutional resources to serve the needs of most vulnerable people;
3. Continuous learning, planning, monitoring and evaluation in order to improve our work and be compliant;
4. Making our work more efficient, relevant and effective through Humanitarian Innovation.
The BD&A Unit works closely together with other units within the International Assistance division (Disaster Response Unit, Programme Management Unit and two Partnership Units), as well as with other divisions within the Netherlands Red Cross such as Department of Fundraising and Communications.
The BD&A Unit Lead is responsible for:
- Keeping BD&A Unit’s overall goal and ambitions up to date and aligned with department strategy;
- Making and monitoring the annual BD&A budget;
- Managing, building, maintaining and recruiting a cohesive,multi-disciplinary and global team of professionals (ca 18FTE);
- Representation of the BD&A team in the International Departmental Management Team;
- Taking a leading role in sectoral strategy development for the International Department 2020-2030;
- The development, distribution and take up of sectoral policies and guidelines;
- Continue provision of technical support (PME and Thematically) to projects and programmes in close cooperation and agreement with other units;
- Growing NLRC’s Institutional Donor Relations through the continuous resourcing of initiatives and partnerships;
- Developing good collaboration and understanding with other Units and Divisions;
- Growing and maintaining our global network with relevant actors, including Movement Partners, line ministries, (I)NGOs, knowledge institutes and private sector partners.
- Challenging the team in being relevant, useful, efficient and effective;
- Supporting the team in such a way that people can grow professionally and perform optimally;
- Ensure excellent planning, monitoring and evaluation for learning, improvement of our work and compliance;
- Keeping the BD&A team and the IH Management team informed.
Functie-eisen en profiel
- MA degree in relevant field
- At least 10 years professional experience in Humanitarian or International work;
- + 5 years field-based experience in development or humanitarian contexts;
- Demonstrable knowledge of key international humanitarian and development themes, including WASH, Public Health, DRR, Preparedness, Livelihood and Community Resilience;
- +5 years of experience in leadership positions (with teams of +10 multi-disciplinary specialists);
- Track record in liaising with Institutional Donors (EU, Ministries);
- Demonstrable ability to position organisations in (inter)national platforms;
- Proficiency in Dutch;
- Fluent in English;
- EU working permit;
- Excellent and engaging communication and inter-personal skills;
- Affinity for and knowledge of innovations in humanitarian work (e.g. innovative investment mechanisms, possibilities with data, blockchain, alternative energy);
- Affinity and knowledge of PME methodologies in International Development;
- Experience working for a Red Cross Movement organization (IFRC, ICRC, National Society);
- Proficiency in French;
- Fluent in Dutch;
- Demonstrable experience with incubation of partnerships with (international) companies;
Organisational sensitivity, cooperation, providing feed-back, helicopter view, strategic insight, planning, decisiveness, motivating, engaging, encouraging.
- A full time appointment (based on 32-40-hour work week) for one year, with the possibility of extension depending on performance.
- A flexible and human centred working environment in an international environment with a variety of international organizations.
- Well balanced employment conditions with space for initiative and development.
- Remuneration: the salary scale level is set at 13 as mentioned in the CAO, depending on education level and experience. (min. € 4.095,39 until max. € 5.462,76 gross per month on the basis of full time employment).
- The Netherlands Red Cross embraces diversity and therefore encourages candidates from all cultural backgrounds (with EU working permit) to apply.
Informeren en solliciteren
Please send your resume in English, 3 references (most recent supervisors) and letter of motivation with reference to Unit Lead BD&A – IH to Joost Jaspers as soon as possible, through our online application system by using the this link.
For more information about the position, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
This vacancy is open for applications until the right candidate has been found and will be taken offline as soon as a candidate is selected.
An assessment will be part of the selection procedure.
For more information of the work of the Netherlands Red Cross please go to www.rodekruis.nl.
Acquisition for this vacancy will not be appreciated