Senior Strategist and WIN advisor
||08 apr 2021
||22 apr 2021
Climate Justice movements have the power and space to voice their demands for sustainable, climate resilient and fair economies. The unit is responsible for allying, support and campaign with and ensuring Oxfam (Novib) is contributing to and part of a strong and inclusive climate justice movement. We will work with southern civil society, allies, partners and movements, especially women, youth and food producers and their communities, working on climate justice and their agenda so they have the power to influence local, national, and international decision-makers through presenting alternatives and claiming space for their issues. We will develop programs and campaigns based on southern led agenda’s, while working with global and Dutch actors and audiences ensuring connections between them.
This role works across and the Oxfam confederation and with partners to co-develop campaigns, influencing strategies and donor proposals which link local to global. The role actively works with partners and country offices to ensure implementation of multi country programmes and grants, specifically MoFa funded ‘Power of Voices: Fair for All’ and ‘Power of Voices: African Activist for Climate Justice’; and the Sida funded programme ‘Harvesting global food security and justice in the face of climate change’ with a focus on climate change, natural resources and food systems. A keen eye and active involvement is foreseen in the ambition to contribute to a diverse and active movement for climate justice.
- Leads, contributes to and co-creates the development of WIN influencing strategies, together with Oxfam teams, country offices, partners and allies.
- Support country offices and partners when developing campaign and influencing strategies and movement building at national regional and global level
- Works with and supports partners, allies and country offices on civic space.
- Leads and/or co-ordinates when needed Oxfam (project) teams.
- Ensure synergies between the different programmes/ projects implemented by the unit, leads on developing and identifying local-to-global strategies and contributes to cross country learning;
- Keep up to date about the latest developments in his/her relevant area of expertise and participate in relevant networks; on the basis of this drives innovation in terms of new approaches and ways of working while building this ‘bottom-up’ together with Oxfam teams, country offices, partners and allies
- Initiates and works together within Oxfam and with country offices on the development of new projects and programs that could be funded by back donors and ensure quality delivery of agreed outcomes with existing back donors.
- Contributes to ensuring the coherence and cooperation between units, Country Offices and Oxfam, manages relations with the respective stakeholders;
- Supports learning & knowledge development and development of knowledge materials together with stakeholders related to the projects.
Functie-eisen en profiel
- Masters degree in a relevant field required;
- Understanding of Campaigning and Influencing at national and global level and how they link;
- Good knowledge of the international climate policy debates, including the nexus of climate finance, climate resilience, climate impacts on food production and/ or deforestation and/ or land use from an economic social justice perspective
- Proven analytical, strategic planning and project design skills;
- Proven people management skills, with experience in managing multi-disciplinary teams, supporting and coaching individuals from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds;
- Strong communication and influencing skills, with proven ability to build relationships with a diverse range of local, national and global stakeholders;
- Have experience raising funds from international donor agencies;
- Have a results-oriented approach;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, prioritize, meet deadlines, and hold self and others to account;
- Willingness to travel regularly;
- Fluency in English, both verbal and written; ability to work in French or Spanish can be an asset
- You can demonstrate experience in managing complex international projects/programs;
- Experience of working with partners and with establishing partnerships with international/ national/local actors;
- Proven experience in representing an organisation at the level of partners, administration, ministries and donors at senior level;
- Applicants must be a National of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union and possess travel permits.
- You will be working in the GREEN unit of Oxfam Novib’s Office in The Hague.
- The culture of our team is a value we highly appreciate. The team is highly involved in our international ambition to be part of a worldwide influencing network, including through working with others.
- Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
- This position is classified in scale 10. The gross salary range is between € 3.245,- to € 4.994,- on the basis of 36 hours per week.
- The position will be based in The Hague, The Netherlands.
Informeren en solliciteren
If you are interested, please upload your application via the ‘apply’ button, no later than April 22nd, 2021. For more information about the position, you can contact Gerard Steehouwer (gerard.Steehouwer@oxfamnovib.nl). Applications received by email will not be processed. Applicants for this contract must be Dutch nationals or nationals of a European Union member State or have a valid work permit for the European Union.