Logistics and Procurement Officer
||05 aug 2022
||21 aug 2022
||To be determined
War Child is a dynamic organization. We keep an informal ambiance within our office and in our remote work, with lots of room for creativity, inspiration and self-initiative from employees. We practice what we preach: dynamic, innovative, integrity focused, with a drive to reach the highest possible results against the lowest possible costs. War Child offers a challenging job in an inspiring work environment.
War Child is providing emergency support to children affected by the war in Ukraine. War Child’s Humanitarian Response (aka as ‘Fast Aid’) is an initiative that aims to reach more children quickly in ‘real’ time humanitarian settings, when their lives are torn apart and when they need our support most. Working through partnerships, innovation and technology, Fast Aid is a catalyst to transform War Child’s collective capability to be a quick, effective and principled humanitarian agency.
You are a dedicated officer with excellent experience providing efficient hands-on logistics and procurement services in emergency responses.
You will be supporting the overall operational management of the War Child Ukraine Emergency Response. This includes supporting on partners financial documents, logistics & procurement, administration, and ICT. The postholder is accountable for ensuring the Ukraine Emergency Response programme benefits from timely, efficient, and high-quality operational support.
The role also promotes and supports activities designed to enhance the operational capacity of War Child’s partners in the Ukraine Emergency Response programme.
- Support the Global Finance Senior Officer and Program Coordinator in reviewing financial reports from the partners on a monthly basis.
Procurement and Logistics
- Support day to day management of the department with tasks such as communications, planning and coordination, documentation, technical support (with help of servicedesk), etc.
- Support with communications and coordination with country management teams
- Ensure Partners systems and guidelines are in place for relevant aspects of logistics, including procurement procedures.
- Oversee the proper maintenance and registration of all assets bought under the project.
- Review and approve partners’ procurement and logistics policies as and when relevant.
- Review donor procurement conditions, contracts, or regulation and flag key considerations and provide advice to the team
- Review and approve tenders, including those led by implementing partners.
- Ensure continued widespread awareness and understanding among staff and partners about War Child Procurement policy and procedures.
- Take an active role in developing an emergency response policy (related to Ukraine emergency response and in general) and thresholds related to Ukraine Emergency Response.
- General support in providing the right procurement documents aligned with the procurement guidelines and make sure the right procurement process is followed.
- Coordinate basic procurements and invoicing including support drafting procurement documents such as Procurement Request, contracts, etc.
- Provide support in organizing meetings and events and preparing materials for these.
- Support and organize travels for Ukraine Emergency Response; booking flights, accommodation, or other needed arrangements via the travel agency or other booking resources
- Support in the development and introduction of a new booking tool for Emergency Response
Admin & ICT
- Serve as focal person for the ICT department at War Child’s Head Office.
Supervision and Capacity Building (staff & partners)
- Contribute to capacity building of all finance staff within War Child and of partner organizations.
- Contribute to capacity building of all Procurement and Logistics staff within War Child and of partner organizations.
- Contribute to capacity building of non-financial staff in finance and procurement.
- Conduct performance management cycle (including goal development and review meetings) for all direct reports in accordance with relevant policies and procedures, and ensure continuous support (motivational, technical and otherwise) to direct reports through regular check-ups.
- Maintain an open, productive and pleasant working environment for all staff in the Operations Department.
- Support the process of identifying and assessing potential new partners.
FUNCTIE-EISEN EN PROFIEL
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Procurement Operations, or similar areas of studies
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in similar positions with an NGO/INGO
- Knowledge and experience in donor’s compliance rules
- Understanding of the reality on the ground and hands-on approach to solve issues related to the programme
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite especially Excel
- Fluency in English and either Ukrainian or Romanian is required.
- Cultural sensitivity; result-oriented; attentive to detail with regard routine systems and procedures and cost-conscious; work well in small team; flexibility; and proactive approach
- Affinity with War Child’s mandate, mission, and core values (Impact, Creativity, Inspiration and Integrity).
Depending on the duty station, local contract with salary and secondary labour conditions based on the country’s salary scale and T&C will apply.
Location: any of the countries, where War Child Holland has its offices. The successful candidate needs to be eligible to work in that country. Preference will be given to local candidates.
Contract: War Child standardly offers a 6-month contract with the intention to prolong after that.
INFORMEREN EN SOLLICITEREN
Interested and qualified candidates are invited to apply before 21 August 2022
. Make sure to upload your English CV (maximum of two pages
) and cover letter by using this link
War Child will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis and reserves the right to close the vacancy if a successful candidate is identified prior to the deadline. Please mention where you found this vacancy. Is this not your dream job? Support War Child by sharing this job with your network!
By submitting your application you certify that all of the statements made in your application are true, complete, and correct and are made in good faith. You understand that falsifying, misrepresenting or intentionally withholding information will be grounds for rejection of your application or withdrawal of any offer of appointment or, if an appointment offer has been accepted, this will be ground for employment sanctions, such as, but not limited to, instant dismissal. In addition, you understand that you need to submit a Criminal Record Certificate and that, if you fail to submit it, no employment relationship can be established
War Child is an international organisation, and we are committed to be a diverse and inclusive employer, placing human and child rights at the centre of our existence and work. We hire our new colleagues based on their talents, competences and shared values; we do not distinguish them based on their age, gender and gender identity, race, color, ethnicity, religion, culture, sexual orientation, disability etc.
The safety of children and youth is a paramount and essential to War Child’s work. War Child has a zero tolerance policy towards any form of abuse. To prevent placing children and youth at any risk this subject is addressed in our recruitment and selection procedures. Moreover, the accepted candidates will be required to state their commitment/ intent to be aware, consider and adhere to the minimum standards applicable in development and humanitarian settings, such as humanitarian values and principles, Sphere Humanitarian Charter, Standards in the Humanitarian Standards Partnership, Core Humanitarian Standard, International Humanitarian Law, Code of Conduct for the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement and Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs) in Disaster Relief and IASC Six Core Principles Relating to Sexual Exploitation and Abuse.
• Only applications received via our website are processed.
• If we appoint a suitable candidate before the given closing date, we reserve the right to remove the vacancy from our website before that date. In such a case, any responses received after that time are not processed.
• It could be that during our selection process the closing date for the vacancy is extended. If so, and you have not yet heard from us, your application will remain active.