Interim Programme Associate Latin American Countries
Stichting Mama Cash
||Stichting Mama Cash
||30 jul 2020
||16 aug 2020
Mama Cash is looking for an Interim Programme Associate for Latin American Countries, for 32 hrs per week. Starting as soon as possible, until 31 December 2020. Mama Cash is the first international women’s fund in the world. Today, we provide grants and support to pioneering women’s, girls’, trans people’s and intersex people’s rights initiatives around the globe that challenge the root causes of injustice. Activists and donors join with Mama Cash to advance gender equality and respect for the human rights of all people. Find out more at www.mamacash.org
The Interim Programme Associate (PA) acts as the first and main point of contact for all of Mama Cash’s grantee-partners in the Latin American and Caribbean region. To do this, the Interim PA carries out direct administrative and substantive grantmaking and programmatic support to several Programme Officers (PO). Specifically, the Interim PA supports our PO’s as they build our networks, shape our portfolio of grantee-partners, and identify and develop our priorities in the Latin American and Caribbean region.
Purpose of the position:
The Interim PA operates in a team with other PA’s, under the direct supervision of the Grants Manager. The ideal candidate will have expertise in and experience with the region and with women’s rights and feminist groups and movements active there, and strong administration and project management skills. Fluency in Spanish is required; knowledge of a region-relevant language and a third language that Mama Cash works in is preferred.
Essential job function:
A. Grantmaking and Programmes
- Serve as the main contact for current and potential grantee-partners from the region including: conducting outreach, liaising on a regular basis with partners, allies and activists in the region to build relations and knowledge about funding needs, and responding to inquiries on the status of proposals or opportunities for funding, including declining unsuccessful proposals;
- Support the due diligence process for making grants by: maintaining good relationships with grantee-partners; ensuring they submit on a timely basis the information needed to make and manage their grants; maintaining the accuracy of grantmaking information in the database; and supporting the Grants Administration team in processing contracts;
- Communicate with Mama Cash advisors to gather additional information on potential grant recipients;
- Help identify grantee-partner support needs and help provide this support;
- Contribute to the analysis of progress and final reports from grantee-partners;
- Monitor and share information about grant and grantee-partner developments with Mama Cash, maintaining contacts with grantee-partners and signaling challenges and opportunities for Mama Cash’s programme work;
- Translate and/or coordinate the translation of proposals and programme related materials;
- Contribute to technical improvements for grantmaking processes and team infrastructure;
- Provide guidance and work closely with volunteers.
- Proactively and re-actively compile regional, thematic and grantee-partner-specific information, news and analysis for use by other teams within Mama Cash;
- Support the Philanthropic Partnerships and Communications team to coordinate with grantee-partners for Mama Cash publications and events;
- Participate in cross-functional work-teams and other teams as appropriate;
- Represent Mama Cash alone or with others at events or meetings.
Functie-eisen en profiel
Knowledge, skills an abilities
- Full commitment to Mama Cash’s vision, mission and values;
- Knowledge of women’s rights and feminist issues and movements in the region via previous work, study or living experience;
- Knowledge of economic, political, social and cultural trends in the region;
- Bilingual fluency in oral and written English and Spanish is required; skills in another language used in the region and working knowledge of a third language that Mama Cash works in is preferred;
- Good working knowledge of geography;
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills;
- Very organised and with strong administration skills including anvattention to detail and ability to multi-task and meet deadlines;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills, with a demonstrated sensitivity andvappreciation for diverse viewpoints and different communication styles in a politically and culturally diverse environment;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team from a long distance;
- Ability to travel within the region and to Amsterdam at least twice a year;
- Computer literate
Education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in the social sciences or related field isvstrongly preferred (such as gender studies, anthropology, sociology or international development);
- Minimum two years relevant work experience;
- General non-profit exposure;
- Experience in working in a diverse, team-oriented, and fast-paced environment;
- Experience with grant-making is desirable.
The monthly salary for this position depends upon experience and is based on CAO Welzijn scale 7, (min.) € 2.501, (max.) € 3.494, 8% vacation, 13th month, and pension plan.
We value the knowledge of those with direct personal expertise and experience of resisting oppression and in creating the social change Mama Cash believes in. We therefore particularly welcome applications from those targeted by sexism, racism, homophobia, transphobia/trans antagonism, classism and disablism.
Informeren en solliciteren
Are you interested in this position? Both a letter of motivation and CV (resume) need to be submitted in English and stating the job description, using this link only. Deadline for application: August 16, 2020. For more information , please contact Coco Jervis, email@example.com.