Humanitarian Funding Coordinator
||09 aug 2018
||25 aug 2018
||based in Hargeisa, Somalia/Somaliland
Oxfam is convinced that people have the power to end poverty. All they need is an opportunity. Oxfam is committed to make sure everyone gets that chance. That is why we support local projects in developing countries, why we lobby governments and companies to listen to the poorest people, and why we campaign to involve both men and women in our work. Oxfam is a confederation of 17 organizations that works together to increase the impact of its long term development and humanitarian responses.
Purpose of the position
To lead on the planning, coordination, securing and management of restricted and unrestricted funds to enable Oxfam to deliver the humanitarian response, including developing and maintaining good relationships with donors and effectively leading and supporting proposal and report development.
The Country Office in Somalia is currently recruiting a Humanitarian Funding Coordinator, Fulltime 40 hours a week. 7 months contract, possible extension based on donor funding Based in Hargeisa, Somalia/land, with travel to Field Bases
Key responsibilities and tasks
Strategy / Planning / Representation
- Establish, maintain and implement an up-to-date funding strategy for the response.
- Identify, assess, prioritise and approach donors, funding sources or other affiliates using internal tools and processes and represent Oxfam as required with donors.
- Assist with research into humanitarian donor intelligence gathering and trendsto feed into engagement with donors
- Co-ordinate donor visits and coordinate responses to any reasonable requests from funding affiliates and governing bodies.
- Develop materials showcasing Oxfam’s humanitarian work in Somalia that could feed into track record building.
Coordination and information sharing/management
- Ensure overall co-ordination of funding of the response; regularly update the funding grid and share with relevant actors.
- Ensure that funding files, both electronic and paper, are complete and kept up-to- date.
- Track income, request payments from donors and any necessary follow-up, process repayments and obtain any donor approvals, in line with Oxfam’s Institutional Funding Guidelines.
- Lead or support the development and submission of high quality concept notes and proposals.
- Work effectively with colleagues in other functions, partner organisations, and affiliates to develop joint funding proposals.
Contract management / Managing (un)restricted funding
- Ensure compliance with donor requirements; analyse and provide advice to staff and partners on the funding policies and requirements of different donors, ensure reports are of good quality and submitted on time; seek advice and input from affiliate HQ (donor leads).
- Ensure sign-off of donor proposals, reports and contracts according to agreed Oxfam procedures.
- Ensure optimal use of unrestricted funds and efficient use of restricted funds through strategic recharging to donor contracts where possible.
Functie-eisen en profiel
- Solid track record of experience of planning for, securing and managing funds from institutional donors, such as DFID, ECHO, SIDA, DFATD, GAC, GFO, OFDA and UN.
- Extensive experience of writing high quality proposals and reports.
- Ability to represent Oxfam to donors and other external institutions.
- Sound understanding of Program Cycle Management in emergencies.
- High level of numeracy, budgeting, financial reporting and IT skills.
- Highly developed influencing skills; strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work effectively with others in diverse team situations to achieve fundraising targets.
- Ability to manage time effectively, and adapt priorities to respond to changing demands and tight deadlines.
- Proficiency in written and oral English.
- Existing understanding of Oxfam’s fundraising and contract management system and procedures (desirable).
- Oxfam Novib is committed to providing you with a competitive, fair, and comprehensive pay and benefits package that is justifiable to our donors.
- The salary range for this position is set in scale 9 with a salary range between € 2,962.00 to € 4,557.00 gross.
Informeren en solliciteren
If you are interested please use the 'apply' button on the Oxfam Novib website. Your application must be received by August 25, 2018 at the latest. Please note that only applications received using the link provided can be taken into consideration.