Communications and Events Manager
Rode Kruis, DCHI
||Rode Kruis, DCHI
||10 jan 2020
||27 jan 2020
||24 - 32
The Dutch Coalition for Humanitarian Innovation (DCHI) is a coalition comprised of governmental actors, knowledge institutes, academia, businesses, and humanitarian organizations in the Netherlands who develop and scale innovative solutions to increase the impact and reduce the costs of humanitarian action. The Dutch Coalition for Humanitarian Innovation is a dynamic movement that leverages the power of resources, expertise and capabilities in the Netherlands to support humanitarian innovation with a global impact. The Coalition is recognized and acknowledged as the driving force in the Netherlands for effective humanitarian innovation. To build an even stronger Coalition, the DCHI Team has a vacancy for an: Communications and Events Manager (The Hague, 24-32 hours p/w).
The Communications and Events manager ensures up-to-date communications around DCHI, increasing the visibility and the impact of its activities. In addition, The Communications and Events manager is responsible for keeping the Coalition going and growing by bringing together partners through organizing key events.
The Communications and Events manager ensures up-to-date communications around DCHI, increasing the visibility and impact of its activities. This includes the DCHI website (including partner profiles), social media, newsletter, presentations etc. The Event and Communications Manager is responsible for the DCHI communications plan; developing communications materials him- or herself, and coordinating with copy writers, photographers, and the website host to ensure relevant communication materials are developed and shared among the DCHI network.
The Communications and Events Manager is also responsible for bringing together partners through organizing and implementing events. This includes among others the DCHI Annual Event , regular meet-ups around specific themes, and support to DCHI team in participation in external events. The Communications and Events Manager works in close collaboration with the Innovation Managers and Team Lead.
Ensure up-to-date communications about DCHI
- Develop and continuously adapt the DCHI communications plan and key messaging.
- In line with the communications plan, develop materials and content such as interviews with DCHI partners, reports of DCHI events, and stories about the impact of innovation.
- Keep the DCHI communications channels up-to-date with relevant articles, announcements, invites, movies, and pictures. These include the website, newsletter, twitter, and linked-in.
- Coordinate with relevant colleagues and external parties to ensure relevant content is developed, written text, animations, video, website updates, DCHI branding etc.
- Develop a library with relevant communication materials.
- Gather information regarding (impact of) communications with partners and adapt strategies where necessary.
Organize and deliver DCHI events
- Design and structure set-up of events in line with the needs and aspiration of the Coalition (-partners).
- Together with the innovation managers, ensure a strong programme (thematic focus, speakers, discussion) of the events.
- Build strong relationships with (event) partners of the Coalition and create synergy through joint events where relevant.
- Organise the practicalities around the events, from securing the venue and facilities, to ensuring all materials and support is available to realise a successful event.
- Ensure the right participation through smart PR and invitation procedures.
- Forecast, prepare, and manage the budgeting process in relation to event costs.
- Ensure strong visibility of the events, through photography, video’s, website articles and media (where applicable).
- Ensure strong (DCHI) visibility at events with fitting marketing materials.
- Provide interested parties with up-to-date information regarding DCHI.
- Ensure good relations with partners that support the key messaging of DCHI and explore collaboration opportunities for communications and events.
- Ensure partners provide information for their online partner profiles.
- Keep partner profiles up-to-date.
- If proven successful, expand DCHI online partner matchmaking opportunities.
Functie-eisen en profiel
Are you a strong communicator, and do you love to create visibility for social innovation, by creating great stories and picture-perfect photo’s? Do you have fun with the creative process of organizing events, meetings, and workshops, and do you enjoy the responsibility to organize these independently? Than this is just the job for you!
Skills and experience
The Communications and Events Manager;
- Has at least a bachelor degree in Communications, Business, Event Management, or a related field.
- Has demonstrable experience with communications (at least two years) and a good feel for storytelling regarding the impact of social innovation.
- Has demonstrable experience organizing events (at least two years).
- Has demonstrable experience planning and budgeting for activities independently.
- Has excellent command of both the English and Dutch language (spoken and written).
- Good command of online tools as well as computer, graphic, and social media skills to support the communications (for example keeping the website up to date, design of newsletter, production of short video etc.) are a plus.
- Affinity with humanitarian aid and/or social innovation is a plus.
- Experience in facilitating workshops, panels, and presentations is a plus.
The Communications and Events Manager;
- Is a strong communicator, who is comfortable engaging with different types of parties within the DCHI ecosystem.
- Has a hands-on and action-oriented approach, is great at keeping overview at the same time a good eye for detail, also under pressure.
- Is enthusiastic, creative, and enjoys trying out different set-ups and tools.
- Is a self-starter and enjoys working independently, full of ideas and initiative for how to position DCHI even better.
- Has a high level of organizational sensitivity.
- Is a flexible person who does not mind changes of plans, and does not mind working less- or extra hours depending on the needs / events planned.
- A part-time appointment (based on average 24-hour work week) for 12 months, with the possibility of extension.
- A dynamic and human centered working environment with enthusiastic colleagues and a lot of room for taking your own initiative and shaping the organization.
- A small, innovative, and highly committed team with a home base in the Hague Humanity Hub.
- An opportunity to collaborate with a variety of (international and national) organizations, businesses and government institutions.
- Well balanced employment conditions in line with the CAO of the Netherlands Red Cross.
- Remuneration: the salary scale level is set at 9 - 10 as mentioned in the CAO, depending on education level and experience. (min. €2.918 until max. € 3.710 gross per month on the basis of full-time employment).
Informeren en solliciteren
The Netherlands Red Cross, on behalf of the DCHI board, hosts the contracts of all DCHI team members. Applications therefore need to be submitted through the online application tool of the Netherlands Red Cross. Please send your resume in English and letter of motivation with reference to ‘DCHI Communications and Events Manager’ latest on the 27th of January 2020 through this link. We are hoping to identify a candidate who is able to start the 1st of April 2020, a later starting date can be discussed.
For more information about the position, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org. An assessment and/or test can be part of the selection procedure. For more information regarding the Dutch Coalition for Humanitarian Innovation, please see: www.dchi.nl.
Acquisition for his vacancy will not be appreciated.